Pacific Coast Shellfish Growers Association or PCSGA is an organization of shellfish growers in: Alaska, Washington, Oregon and California. Most of the functionality of this site exists in the admin section of the site. When I put together the site for PCSGA, I reconstructed the old site that was written is ASP and Microsoft Access. I took the data from their old database, reorganized it and put it into a MySQL database. I assembled /coded the pages that were necessary to give them the functionality they still wanted from their old site and added the new functions they had requested. Always keeping in mind the functionality they might want in the future.
Annual Conference and Tradeshow Registration
All of the conference details are set up in the admin area. Details include:
- Date, location and specific information about the conference.
- Dates that registration opens and closes.
- Early bird cutoff date.
- Conference price/rate and early bird rate for; members, non-members and students.
- Conference Events dates and rates.
- Luncheon, Reception and Banquet dates and rates.
- Tradeshow booth rates for members and different membership levels.
- Conference sponsorship levels.
There are two registration forms: one for the conference registration and one for tradeshow registration.
The conference registration process is divided into sections:
- Contact and membership information.
- Option to pay dues.
- Sign up for events and banquets.
- Request to review information before choosing a payment option.
- Option to add multiple registration(s)
- Online payment through a payment gateway API.
During the registration process, except final online payment, the submitted information is displayed on the sidebar and the user is able to go back and change any of the information they have submitted. (see screenshot 1)
The Tradeshow Registration works in a similar way.
All submitted data is stored in a MySQL database and viewed in the admin area. My client, PCSGA, is focused on catering to their members. So it was important that ALL of the fields can be edited by the admin, including conference and event prices.
In the admin area, the conference information is displayed in a variety of ways:
- Overview page that shows a total of all of the conference payment options: membership dues, events, luncheon, banquet, still owing etc. (see screenshot 2)
- Detail pages for: each event, still owing, membership dues paid, tradeshow registrations, luncheon, banquet, etc. (see screenshot 3)
- On each detail page is an icon that allows you to view the complete details for each single registration record, a link to a print friendly version of the registration and a link to the page where the registration can be edited. (see screenshot 3)
PCSGA Membership Data
The portion of the site that deals with the PCSGA members mostly it is used to keep track of all their members and to update information as it changes. The Pacific Coast Shellfish Growers Association has 2 types of members: Grower Members and Allied Members. Plus they have over a thousand Contacts.
The members are viewed in easy to read and sort table format, where they can easily view all of the information for each member. (Screenshot 4)
The Admin has the ability to:
- Edit, add and delete members and contacts. (Screenshot 5)
- View, sort and search for members in a variety of ways.
- Change Members membership type.
- Download selected members onto spreadsheet. (Screenshot 6)
- Send an email to selected members.
Grower members: Grower Members are organized by the region and state that they have farms in. Growers can be added to multiple regions. There are two places in the front end where you can view information about the growers.
- Search Our Growers: Here you can view growers by region, search by contact name or company name, or sort by: name, company, hatchery etc.
- Buy from Our Growers: This page simply has a link to store of each grower that has an online store.
- Grower’s login: Here the grower can create an account, reset password it they have forgotten theirs and login to view password protected information. Soon they will be able to edit their basic information and the regions that they grow in. (This section has not been built yet)
Allied Members: The Allied members have 6 different levels. Here is where you can view Allied Members front-end of site. It is a very simple page, organized by the state or province that they reside in.